Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the best date night

I meant to do this post a couple of months ago, but i just now uploaded the pictures! Since we haven't been the most exciting married couple, I didn't want to forget about our fun date night. I posted about us meeting Robert Kelly at Dane Cooks show, and we also ran into him in New York at the Opie & Anthony studio. Since then my Robert has kept in touch with Bob Kelly. He got an email from him telling him that he was coming back out to Vegas and wanted to know if we wanted tickets to see him at the Palms. Of course he said YES and told him the date and time of the show we wanted to go to. When Robert told me this, part of me couldn't believe him, and I was just like ya right, when we get there, i bet our tickets wont be there. But I was excited to get a babysitter and go to the palms and try it out. So we get to the Palms and go to the box office to pick up our tickets, and what a surprise, they weren't there. So the girl said she would contact Bob Kelly and told us to come back. Well Robert just ended up texting Bob and he told us to go back and one of his guys would be there to make sure we got our tickets, and that if we had any problems to call him. We went back and got our tickets, and then he told us to meet him at the Buffet. We went in the Buffet and sat with him and another comedian who opened up for him. I don't think that I can fully explain how awesome this was and how we just had to keep in our excitement! We just sat at their table in the VIP section and talked about his tour, my pregnancy, and trying to lose weight. We were laughing the whole time. After they were done eating, he had to go get ready for the show so he gave us a guys name who would hook us up with a seat up front. Since we had been talking about my pregnancy, and my lovely husband had brought up the fact that i pee my pants at the slighted sneeze or laugh, Bob Kelly said his goal was go get me to laugh so hard I pee my pants!
So we get in the show, get a great table in front, and laugh our butts off for the next couple of hours. Bob Kelly accomplished his goal and after the show I had to run to the bathrooms. Bob Kelly told Robert where to go to meet him after the show so we could say bye, so I found them after I used the restroom. As soon as I walked up to them Bob Kelly yells "Did you pee your pants?!" haha. So we were able to talk to him for awhile about the show and get some pictures before the next show. It was awesome. For a guy who is a famous comedian, he is so cool, and I just think its hilarious how my husband has formed this friendship with him. I am excited for the next time he is in town!!

1 comment:

Sid and Michelle said...

SO fun!! That is awesome. I can't believe you only have a month left. That is crazy!!!