So it's past midnight and I seriously can't remember the last time that I have been up this late. For some reason I just can't sleep! My little girl and my husband are fast asleep, I've tried watching TV, playing my favorite addicting games on my Ipod touch, I can't read because I can't turn the light on, and I don't feel like going downstairs. So I came on my computer and I found tons of picture folders that I haven't seen in a long time. I was going through one folder and found pictures from when Robert and I were first dating, so I have been sitting here remembering the crazy rollercoaster ride we went through 3 years ago and I have just been laughing to myself. After doing this for about a half hour, I still wasn't tired, so I decided to put together a slideshow to add to my collection, and guess what. Still not tired.. so then I got in a blogging mood, and here I am. I wrote a brief story about how Robert and I met at the beginning of my blog, but that doesn't even come close to our long story. The year that we were dating was probably the funnest time in my life, and also the craziest. If you knew us back then, you know that we probably broke up at least 6 times before we got engaged. I think we had only been dating for about a month when I think it was Robert that broke up with me. We had a conversation about getting married and he told me that he was no where near ready to get married and after what I had been through before meeting him, and having my heart broken, I did not want to waste my time on anyone. Well I don't think that it was more than 3 days later he showed up at my house one night with flowers, a huge stuffed dog and 3 huge bags of my favorite candy (haha) and he asked me if I would go on a date with him. And that's just the beginning. Throughout the rest of the year, I broke up with him for numbers of reasons. He was immature, did something stupid, I was going to go on a mission (you probably didn't know that).. but he refused to let me get away. I am just glad that he was always willing to fight for me and he never gave up. Its funny because I really tried to fight it, tried to date other guys, and it didn't work. I just knew that I was supposed to be with him. Well, I could go on all night, but the point is, after all that we have been through the last 3 years, we have become probably the happiest and best couples that I know of. I love him more than I ever could have imagined loving someone. I am so lucky and blessed to have him and our beautiful baby in my life. I love you so much babe!!



5 comments:
I totally remember all that! I even remember the first time I ever saw you. You came walking into Dick's with Rob past the optics counter. haha. And I remember him telling me that you wanted to be married by the end of that year and he was all - yeah right! And I remember all the breakups and the mission. Crazy stuff!
Oh the joys of dating! I loved reading your story and am glad that you guys survived those "mixed emotions" and are so happy! :) Those are cute pics too!
I love the story of your dating years. It was fun to read! Those picture are too cute!
I am so glad I found your blog (through Natalie's blog). This is Danielle Parkson (Ford). You have an adorable family. I liked dating, but love marriage TONS more. Here is the link to my new blog, not much on it, but more to come. theparksonlot.blogspot.com
yeah... you have to know that you really helped me through a crazy weird, hard time. i hope you know, because i definitely know u were in my life for a reason. it's fun to remember back to when u two started dating. i CANNOT believe it's gone kind of fast! your blog + pictures + stories are always fun to see + read. Congratulations Britt. ♥
p.s. i LOVE the slideshow! u two have always been an awesome couple :)
Post a Comment