Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Christmas Miracle

We went to the Dr.s on Thursday and found out that I am 9 weeks pregnant! Since I had no idea how far along I was they decided to do an ultrasound. Once I saw that little guy squirming around and heard the heartbeat, I got really excited about being pregnant (because I was NOT at first) and fell in love instantly! Its funny how you can be in love with something that is only the size of a little grape! Since I JUST went through this.. I will answer the questions I am sure I will be asked over and over and over...
Due Date? July 15th
Was this planned? NOOOOOOOOO (was nursing AND on birth control)
When did you find out? I took a pregnancy test last Tuesday, I had been sick the last few weeks and had the same symptoms and felt the same way I did when I was pregnant with Kaylie.
Are you excited? I am now. We were a little shocked at first. After I took the first test and it came out positive, all I could think about was selfish things like... ANOTHER season I can't go snowboarding, I have to cancel the trip I was planning for us to go to Cape Cod in June, and just cringing over the thought of my HUGE ankles and everything else coming back, and stuff like that! haha. But the more I had time to think about it, I realized how lucky and blessed I am to be a mother and to bring babies into this world. Kaylie is the best thing to ever happen to me and our family, and I couldn't imagine my life without her, and I know I will feel the same way about this little girl or guy.
How far apart are they going to be? Kaylie will be 17 months old when the baby is born. We were going to start trying to get pregnant next summer so they would be about 2 years apart, but I guess its close enough. I have no idea how I am going to do it, so if any of you have kids this close together, and you have some advice or any COMFORTING words, please let me know! :)
How are you feeling? I have been feeling good the last few days. I get a few spurts of energy and I take advantage of those when I can. Other than that I am really tired. I hope this pregnancy is better than my last one!
Fun Fact: My cousin Ciara and I are due on the same day! haha. Ciara had called me a couple weeks ago and told me she was pregnant and due July 15th with her 1st baby. I was so happy for her and I told her she was lucky to be living in Utah so she wouldn't have to be pregnant here in the summer. So when the nurse told me I was due July 15th I just started laughing and she looked at me like I was crazy! haha. It makes it more funny because Ciara is 1 day older than me and my whole life she has always thrown that in my face, so I will laugh so hard if they end up being a day apart. We will see, and I am sure it will be an exciting adventure!
(I tried to scan the picture of the ultrasound, but I can't get our scanner to work..) :(

6 comments:

christina said...

that's so exciting! you are blessed to be able to get pregnant easily, even if it wasn't planned! and your kids will be blessed to have each other and be so close.

wish i lived close by so i could help you out with kaylie.

Lara said...

How exciting Brit! I am so happy for you! I hope it's a girl so Kaylie will have a sister really close to her. They would be best friends! Good luck I hope the pregnancy goes well!

Natalie said...

We are so excited for you guys! And I am happy too that they will be close. Garen and Jayden are 19 months apart and this little man will be 21 months apart from Jayden. It has been really easy for me to have them so close. I guess it is because I was already in the baby phases or something. It will be so fun for them! :)

Sid and Michelle said...

Congrats!!!! That is awesome. I couldn't imagine being 2 months pregnant right now. I think I would be excited and nervous at the same time. They will love being that close. Me and Scott were that close and we were the best of friends!!! Everything happens for a reason and you will love that they are that close... eventually... !!!!

The Crazy Lady said...

Congrats!
Ryker and Zadie are 16 months TO THE DAY apart, but she came a month early, so they were supposed to be 17 months.
It is rough, I'm not gonna lie. But in the past 4 months, I've gotten used to the new demands, having my schedule thrown WAY off, and losing my mind. It's not really that bad. You just have to take time for yourself.
It's great having them so close together - Ryker LOVES his little sissy, and you can tell she loves him too. It will be fun when they're older too. Give me a call or email anytime you wanna chat!

Brad and Ashley Koch said...

Congrats Brit! You will do GREAT!