Saturday, February 12, 2011

our ending of 2010

I thought that I would take advantage of our lazy Saturday and get caught up on my blogging. Both of my babies have RSV and I am sick now too...so we won't be going anywhere for awhile.

The week before Christmas my Mom and Step-Dad came into town to see some of us kids and to hang out with the Grand babies since we wouldn't be with them for Christmas. We went to Bass Pro Shops to see Santa. Kaylie loved it so much, we ended up going again with my brothers and my niece.








While we were hanging out at their hotel room, I got a call from Robert's brother Hunter, who we named our Hunter after, from Afghanistan. When I first heard his voice I freaked out and asked if he was ok, because I didn't know why he would be calling me. He said everything was OK and he just wanted to know how the family was doing and how our Thanksgiving was. After a few minutes talking to him, he said, "Oh ya, the reason I called was to tell you that I am going to marry your sister". So I guess he proposed to my baby sister Sara a few weeks before that and she didn't want to tell me until he was able to call me and tell me himself! I was shocked, but I am so stoked for them. He will be coming home the end of June and will be married in July, and then Sara will be moving to Germany with him until he is finished with the Army. A couple of weeks after Christmas my Mom came back down so we could get a jump start on the wedding plans and to find Sara a wedding dress. We had a great girls weekend and finished it off by taking Kaylie, Hunter, and my niece Hailey to Disney on Ice.





We had a blast! Hunter was fascinated the whole time. My favorite part about it was, I had Kaylie on my lap and I was pointing things out to her and then she would lean over to Hunter, who sitting on Sara's lap, and point out things to him. It was so cute!


Our Christmas celebrations started at my Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn's for Christmas Eve. We hung out with my Dad, his new Fiance Trina, and her daughter Shy, my brother, Hailey, and my grandparents.



I could not believe that they got Robert a smoker and that I got a kitchen aid!! We have definitely put them into good use!



This was our first Christmas morning that it was just me, Robert, and the kids. Since our first Christmas together we have spent the night at his parents house and have Christmas morning there. Since Kaylie is a little bit older, we wanted her to see her presents from Santa at our house in the morning. It was so fun! We woke her up at 6am and brought her downstairs. She was out of it and had no idea what was going on, until we got to the bottom of the stairs and she spotted her new kitchen set! She was wide awake after that and had a blast opening up gifts the rest of the day. I think its safe to say that we all got pretty spoiled.








Kaylie was too excited to open anymore presents so we quickly headed over to Roberts parents. We had a delicious breakfast and had a never ending opening of presents. They were WAY too good to us, but I can't complain!


I was so jealous when Robert opened up an IPAD!! Until I opened up my OWN!!




We had a low key New Years. We had the Waddys over and a couple of friends and we smoked up some ribs, chicken wings, and we made homemade pizza. (YUMM!!) I wish I had taken a picture of the food! We mostly ate and played Dance Central the whole night and a couple minutes after midnight we crashed. I thought Kaylie was going to make it to midnight, but she made it till 11:30. I wish I had more pictures, but here are a few of the crazy party animals..




1 comment:

wiledgar said...

So good to hear about you and your family Brit. And really great pictures. You have some really cute kids. I can't wait to meet them...
Love ya,
Wil