Thursday, July 8, 2010

The new man of the house

Our little Hunter Glenn Warren arrived on Monday, July 5th. He decided to show up a couple of days early because my scheduled c-section wasn't until the 8th. I must have eaten something bad on the 4th because I woke up Monday with food poisoning and could not keep anything, especially water. The first thing that I was worried about was going into labor from being dehydrated. I started getting contractions around 2:00, but was in denial until around 4:30 when i realized they were coming every 3 minutes and were very painful. I went in the other room and told robert to pack our hospital bag and that we need to GO! I was really lucky to have my sister Sara staying at our house, so she was able to watch Kaylie for us. We got to the hospital at 5 and my contractions were hurting really bad and coming every 2 min. They gave me a shot to try to stop the contractions and after almost an hour and 6 holes in my arm, they finally got me hooked up to an IV to hydrate me. I was so dehydrated that they could not find a vein. They ended up not being able to stop the contractions, and since I was dilated to a 4, they called my Dr. in to do the C-Section.

He was born at 9:01 pm weighing 7lbs. 1oz. He was so beautiful! I thought he looked exactly like Kaylie right after she was born, but now I am noticing that they have different features, and I think he is going to look alot more like Robert. Everything went great, and we were out of the hospital by Wed. night, which happened to be our 3 year anniversary! What better way to celebrate an anniversary than adding another baby into the family! I was so nervous about having 2 babies, and worried about how Kaylie would react, but so far everything is going really good. I have a lot of help, and my kids couldn't be better or easier to take care of. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to have my family of 4!














6 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats!! He looks perfect! :-)

Lara said...

Congrats! He is so handsome! Having two kids is hard work, but fun!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! What a cutie. Can't wait to see him in person!

Sid and Michelle said...

Congrats!! I am so glad that everything went well. I can't wait to see the little guy!! Hopefully we make it to Vegas sometime soon!!

Leah said...

So Cute!! can't wait to meet him!! and ps that story about Hunter peeing in Kaylie's face made B.J. and I laugh sooooooo hard! :D but Congrats on the darling lil family!

Natalie said...

I love all those pictures! And your labor story reminds me of mine...My last two came before the schedule c-section dates because I was having contractions they couldn't stop. So glad everything went well for you! :) I just love his name too...So stinkin cute!!!

Ps. Thanks for your sweet comment :)